Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

My opinion on frosting

I detest frosting.

I know some of you will hate me forever for saying this, but it's time that the world knew the truth.

I think frosting is some of the grossest stuff on earth.

Let's be real about frosting here for a moment. It's basically sugar plus some sort of liquid, smeared to ridiculous amounts of some sort of cakey/pastry thing.

IT IS SO MUCH SUGAR. And that much sugar piled on top of a cupcake or normal cake, ruining what might have tasted just fine by itself or with even a much much lesser serving of frosting, is pretty much what I consider culinary heresy.

I promise, you don't need three inches of frosting on top of your cupcake. I promise you don't. It won't make it taste any better. You shouldn't even need one inch of frosting on top of your cupcake. If your cupcake decorating requires that much frosting, I want you to take a step back and look at your actual cupcake sans frosting.

Then I want you to go make a cupcake that you don't feel the need to mask with frosting. Make a cupcake that tastes fabulous minus frosting, and you'll understand just how gross and unnecessary frosting is.

And yes, I am a cupcake snob. I'm a food snob in general. I like having nice food.

Frosting is not nice food.

Now I'm not saying that every cupcake that has frosting on it is horrible and should never be eaten, because if I ate only cupcakes that didn't have frosting, I'd never eat a cupcake. But do bear in mind that if you feel like you absolutely have to have twenty pounds of frosting on your cupcake, there's probably something wrong with the cupcake. Or you're putting crack in your frosting.

A small-normal amount of frosting (again, good frosting, and the stuff you can buy in a store is not necessarily bad frosting, same goes for cupcakes, so don't feel bad if it's not all homemade) on a cupcake is perfectly legitimate and tastes good. Cupcakes and frosting do go together, and I really don't know how I can break them apart.

Despite that frosting is still gross. Gross. I hate it. I don't know how I got on the cupcake quality tangent, but I'll go with that.

I don't do sweet things. I'm not a sweet fan. I don't like frosting, I barely eat cookies (unless they're gingersnaps because yum) because most of the time they are too sweet for my taste. Like, I can eat one cookie. Then not anymore or else I will die of a sweet attack.

Which is weird, thinking about it. You wouldn't think someone with low blood sugar problems would not like eating really sweet things. But I totally like savory things instead.

Weird. Just like the fact I really don't like to eat frosting. Oh well.

Luff ya kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment