Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Almost a wrap-up

It's almost the end of April. Actually, tomorrow is the last day of April. That being said, I want to wrap up the BEDA posts today, mostly because tomorrow will be very very crazy, between getting to my classes in the morning to finishing up packing (starting packing?) that afternoon so I can get on a plane that evening and fly to the mainland overnight and get there tomorrow morning.

So I wanted to wrap this up. This has been quite an experience for me, now that I sit back and take some time to think about it. A lot has happened this month of blogging every day, and I've learned a lot.

One thing I've learned, and I shouldn't be surprised, but I am, is that I actually had enough content to make a blog post every single day. I mean, it wasn't necessarily the best/most polished blog post, but it was a blog post. Every day. With really the only overlap in topics being that I apparently talked about the weather a lot. But you know what else? I had more to write. I made a little bitty list of things I wanted to write, you know, posts that would require a little forethought before sitting down and typing them up. I'll write those up sometime in the near future, but yeah. But it was my life, the little everyday things and stories that make up a part of humanity, that mostly drove the blog posts here.

I learned that not every single post I write has to be carefully thought out and planned and polished and perfect. Especially when I have to write a blog post every single day, there's just no way I can. I'm a busy person. I actually do have a life of sorts.

I saw, and was surprised (again, something that shouldn't have surprised me) that as I got more consistent in my posting and produced content every single day, that my readership grew. Not a lot. I wouldn't even call it growth, necessarily. I still got maybe the same average views per post, but with more posts, and consistent posting, that started adding up. And my average reads per post started growing, just a little bit as well. A lesson I should do well to remember: people will come with content. I need to remember to keep creating things.

I learned that I write well with a schedule. I used to think that I don't really do well with deadlines, especially when it come to writing things creatively. Just because that's something I tend to squeeze in the cracks of my life, in between classes and work and homework and friends and sometimes sleep. But I also know if I want something enough, I will stop at almost nothing to get what I want. If that means making a little more time to push out a blog post during the day, or just figuring out how to plan my time so that I can achieve that, I will. If I want it enough, I will get it.

That being said, I want to come up with a schedule for this blog. It will certainly maintain flexibility, depending on life and things and such, but I'll certainly stick to it as best I can. This is something you guys, my wonderful readers, can help me with. How much do you want to hear from me? Twice, three times, a week? Every day? Every day except weekends? (Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and say I will be taking Sunday off from posting, just because I do want to have at least one day a week to not deal with that. Possibly Saturday as well, but we'll see how that goes). And also, just because I might be posting things during the week doesn't mean that I won't occasionally post something on the weekend. That's what the flexibility is for. I want to write often, but not every single day.

I learned how much this blog means to me. How much you guys mean to me, my readers. My wonderful readers. I know my blog is sometimes ridiculous and silly and fun but then it also sometimes gets serious or I get angry but you guys just take that in stride and read it anyway. I've received nothing but positive feedback from this. (And, well, I mean, the occasional worried questions from my mother, but that's nothing out of the ordinary.) This blog, what I want to do with it, is represent my life, and tell my story. Part of my story is how I feel about things, it's about things that I do or things that happen to me or poems that I write or things that I've created that I want to share. This blog is me, putting myself, my hopes and dreams and things out there for you all to look at and read and judge.

How I haven't received flack for that yet is somewhat beyond me. I guess there is a good thing to the nonexistent comment base I have. But I really don't mind if you guys comment on my posts, you guys. I would love it a lot if you guys shared my posts, for your friends and family to read. Don't think you have to keep it secret or hidden away. I don't mind. Really. Introduce yourself to me. Tell me your stories. I want to hear them. I want you to be involved. I want to meet your friends.

And then maybe some of you want to get to know me outside of this blog. Well, lucky you, I exist on various social networking sites.
You can look me up on Facebook, and there's a little button on my profile that says "follow". You click on that, and you'll see those updates I'm posting to the public. Just look for Carina Aldrich.
I also have a Twitter, and you can follow that, my handle is @carinahhh_ Again, hit that follow button.
And to go with that, I also have an Instagram, and sometimes I even post pictures on it. That handle is @carinahhhh

Why all the H's? That's a story for another time, children. But for now, I think that's enough of wrapping up and shameless self-advertising. I hope to see some of you soon.

Luff you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment