Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

BEDA 1: I am tired and lacking normal sleeping patterns

I'm exhausted. Like, physically, completely exhausted. Which fits with the theme of my sleeping patterns for most of this past week.

It's been crazy strange and weird. For the past semester, I've had classes Monday Wednesday Friday, with my Tuesdays and Thursdays off.

I also have a 7:30 am class, which means that staying up late the night before sucks.

But for the past week, my body has decided to be stupid. It goes, oh, Carina, you're tired, you should go to bed early. I do that, but I only have felt that on Monday Wednesday Friday nights. The nights it would be better to stay up anyway because I can sleep in a little more because no 7:30 class.

But the other nights? NOPE CARINA YOU CAN'T SLEEP EVER. I'm just not tired. I'll be super tired, but then I'll get ready for bed and walk in my room and just get all the energy and not be able to sleep.

It's crazy. Luckily this won't last out the week and even if it does, I just have to get through finals and it'll be fine.

And I'm just exhausted today, and have been all day, because I got up at the crack of dawn and then went and did a Body Pump with my friends for her birthday.

I don't do exercise normally, unless it's like something fun. And usually not strength training. I have no strength in the first place. I'm a stick. Just upper arm strength is pretty much nonexistent. Let's be real.

So my arms are dying. The rest of my body not so much, because they tend to get more exercise when I do get actual exercise, because Zumba and aerobic dancing and other things that use legs and abs and stuff.

But then to top it off, I spent a full like five hours shopping with these same friends in Ala Moana right after.

Let's take a moment to realize that I do like shopping. And by shopping I mean buying me things because that's what shopping is.

But nothing reminds just how much I hate shopping than spending all day shopping. And I hate shopping with a surprisingly fiery passion.

But I also love it. Add that to the list of contradictions my life has been today.

I'm awake and I'm also super tired.

I feel really great and fit and out of shape and ew.

I wanted to buy things but then I'd have to spend money so no.

I have all the energy and all the exhaustion at the same time.

Just don't ask me to walk down stairs. Or lift things. Oddly enough, walking up stairs is fine. Just not going down.

When I finally got home, I was ready to just fall in my bed and not deal with life or people for the next 12 hours or whenever I decided to wake up. (Which would be 6 am tomorrow because General Conference)

But then I was hungry, so I had to eat, and then I went to take a shower and now I'm awake, which isn't what a hot shower is supposed to do, I thought.

Then I was like, "I'll check Instagram real quick because it'll be quick."

Nope. I found this account and then had to go and look at all their pictures because it was beautiful.

Then I remember that I need to write this blog post. And do some religion stuff so I can get extra credit. (Daily scripture study isn't that hard, but I'm exhausted and I already used up my three day's grace period during the semester. Normally not a problem, but I'm tired.) And I haven't checked Facebook all day.

And my throat hurts. Which means Daryl gave me her cold while we were out today. Or that my throat hurts. Depends on how long it lasts.

I give the girl an oreo cheesecake for her birthday and she gives me a sore throat.

I love her too.

So I'm gonna go do all those things hopefully quickly and then go to bed. I'm very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment