Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

I don't really have anything to say.

The thing about living in Hawaii is that when disasters happen on the East Coast, that means I usually get to wake up and check my twitter feed and get all the news (or lack thereof, because no one knows anything immediately in the wake of disaster) while I'm eating breakfast and getting ready for my day.

And then I feel terrible for the rest of the day because I mean terrorist attacks aren't exactly conducive to being super happy, and also I'm all the way in Hawaii and there's really pretty much nothing I can do.

And then the rest of the day is interesting. People will be posting things on Twitter, get yelled at because they haven't paid their due diligence to the disaster that's going on and then have to apologize and make their obligatory politically correct tweet.

I'll usually go on a walk and listen to music because that helps me feel a little better, even when the walk involves me getting soaking wet in the rain.

I don't really know. I'm really sad. Not really sad. More melancholy. Disappointed. Can't bring myself to post something super funny or whatever.

People are terrible. People are also awesome and amazing and fabulous and humanity has its flaws but if there's anything, it's that we all tend to come together and show just how good we are when disaster strikes those we care about. And it's amazing just how many people we care about that we don't actually know.

I luff you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment