Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Women's conference.

So, I've been spending the past week trying to recover and become a functioning human being after going on a whirlwind trip to Utah with my mother and seeing Brittany and my aunts and grandmother and going to Women's Conference.

So you can all have some pictures now.



Me and mom about to fly out of Honolulu.

 A picture I took from the plane while flying over California, just as the sun was starting to rise. (Yeah, we did fly all night. Guess who didn't get sleep)

 Me and Brittany finally meeting up after two years of not seeing each other. 





Then we found a statue of a pig.

The pig is apparently named Petunia.

So then we had to pose beside the pig.

Yep.

My mom while we ate some delicious Belgian waffles and fries.

Then we went to my aunt's house, where I got a guitar for an early birthday present. Also yeah, me and Brit take wonderful pictures together.

The next day was Women's Conference. The Marriot Center is huge. HUGE. 

Name tag!

A panorama view of beautiful Utah.

For lunch, me and Brittany absolutely had to try Irish tacos. And they were glorious.

Then we went to the BYU bookstore, where we died because of all the books and then a llama puppet. (What bookstore has a llama puppet?)

So, naturally, more posing.

Don't mind me. I just have a llama puppet in my hand.

I don't know what the llama thought he was doing there. He looks like he wants to lick me. Wouldn't be the first time a farm animal has licked me.

Then there was a donkey puppet. To quote Brittany: "Oh, look, they're frien- Oh, wow, that's more than friends." I still can't get over her face. Apparently we also scared the family that was behind me while I took the picture. 


BYU Creamery mint chocolate chip ice cream. Yum. 

At a Hobby Lobby. Mustaches, crowns, and giant keys.

Then we found a carousel? So, of course, we had to go for a ride on that.

Mom joined us.


"Look, ma, no hands!"



I don't know what's going on there.

Or there. What were we doing?

Bunny ears???

Then this face.


 The next day we went to look around the library on campus. It's big. And we didn't even see all of it. 

That night we also went to see Hello Dolly.

We can take some good pictures together, right?

Still all right. 

Wait, no, Carina, don't try to be funny and make Brittany smile.

Where did that hand come from?

Brittany, what is your face?

WHAT IS MY FACE?

Does your facial expression change at all? 

Wow, I look really blonde.

Oh, wait. I am really blonde. Also probably shouldn't talk while taking pictures.

Is it too much to ask both of us to take a good picture?

Apparently so. 

This is Brittany, the last day at the airport, refusing to show her face. Like I don't own her soul already. 

So that was pretty much Women's Conference! We did do some other things, like go to classes and stuff, and it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to see lots of people and enjoy a little vacation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment