Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

If I Had the Words For Sorrow

If I had the words for sorrow,
I would write a lovely song.
And sing those words of sorrow
To try and right the wrong.

If I had the words for laughter,
I could tell a thousand jokes.
I'd make the world feel better
And lift up a little hope.

If I had the words for loving,
with all the kindness contained therein,
I would show the world how loving
people lets everyone win.

If I had the words...
I could do so many things.
But even without words,
My example can show everything.

I can cry the tears of sorrow,
And laugh with my dear friends.
I can cuddle with small children
Until the daylight ends.

So when the sun goes down,
And you have no words to say,
Don't worry.
Chances are they'll know anyway.

Just tell people that you love them
And live up to what you say.
Your children will adore you
Your friends will not betray.

And you will be the better
For while you do good,
You'll find the words you were looking for
To use and change the world.

1 comment: