Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ze Completely Awesome Quote Book by 11 Rather Crazy Writers

Ok, I have to give credit where credit is due. I didn't come up with this all by myself.
Here's how it started.
I'm part of a Writer's Club, where we all meet every week and read stuff that we've written and critique it. Also, we created a little email group, where we can email each other various things.
It was intended to be writerly in nature. It quickly disintegrated into almost everything but. And we email a lot.
Like, seriously. I'm the top poster of all time in the group, and the emails I've sent over the whole time I've been a member has been 3378.
That's a lot.
All of us together have sent out 8714 emails to each other.

After a few months of this, one of my friends decided she was bored enough to go through, read all our emails again, and compile a list of some of the quotable things we've said.

I'm posting part of this list because I don't know if you've noticed, but off to the right, you will see a little column labeled Whimsical Quotes. This is essentially a continuation of that, but not limited to Writer's Club.

Anyway, enjoy some quotes from 11 rather crazy writers.

"Nonexistent words are the best ones."

"Writing or reading stuff that's happy is like cheese."

"Ice cream makes heartbreak bearable."

"Star Wars is not on Earth and Darth Vader is in our army."

"George Lucas isn't really attached to earth."

"Creativity doesn't wait for mouse clicks."

"Let us all eat cake."

"Beware the mustard."

"Angst is better with opera and high notes."

"You cannot say someone is your friend until you have tasted each other's hair."

"Let's just be honest with ourselves and say it's not odd... if you're a writer."

"Focus. Use the force."

"But I can't be a choir of Muppet Babies."

"YOU MUST WATCH IT AGAIN AND STALK HIS EARS."


The Questions Section:

"Anybody have a random lightning bolt I can borrow?"

"And how do you go temporarily insane?"

"Seriously, does anyone have a lightning bolt?"

"Can't they just give me money?"

"How did he get there and why were people jumping around and hugging people?"

"How do you get jellybeans to move like that?"

"Can I go to the psyche ward?"

"Why have we been sent to prison? Is it because I stole your mustache? Because I thought I gave that back."


I Don't Know How Some of These Got In Our Heads:


"That's why he lives on my table, not in the chicken coop."

"And he was kind of disheveled. Like he had just frolicked with a llama. I couldn't tell about his abs though."

"I like him orange..."

"I thought we agreed, sucking souls was a fiery snake."

"Aw, you think I have dramatic creepyness? That makes me happy."

"Sorry for being dead!"

"The Republican primaries scare me."

"Yey! Have a virtual cookie."

"I read books to get away from reality, not to relive it all."

"I will attempt at writing absolute mushiness."

"I didn't know the potion was killing her!"

"He gets attacked by random savages who hit him over the head."

"He was the rockingest sparrow I ever saw. And an amazing catcher."

"Please read that last part in a British accent."

"Everything is an evil plot."

"Send all Evildoers to the Magical Asteroid up in space!"

"It's a weird peace but it's peace."

"All you must know is that I will eat you very soon."

"Well, that sounds good... except for the human part."

"So I wouldn't be very delicious... unless you like crunchy things."

"Actually, I defeated the Goblin with the ultimate power of Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. True story."

"Clearly Carina must be the fairy that was upset by Hannah and ate the Rapunzel story."

"When I said I would kill you, I didn't mean literally."

"I love terrorizing random passerbys."

"Yay for llamas!"

"You don't know! She might! Unless you stalk her."

"You would totally anger random fairies, just admit it."

"We'll be blamed for the death of far too many tiny-brained boys!"

"Agh! Stop talking about dying babies!"

"He has majorly huge 10,000 year honed brain powers."

"Whoever gets it right earns three million dollars... metaphorically."

" *inset fangirl squee here* "

"HE'S BRITISH!"

"You gutless flip-flopper."

"Like, they sat in a room and went, wouldn't it be cool if they turned into yarn? So they stuck that in there."

"Hufgh. Don't be obvious, silly."

"I don't have a thing against grandmas... but she is old."

"Hannah routinely trains bear sharks to eat her brothers."

"She can't bite people properly."

"And I don't know why she smashed through a wall thing either."

"Nah, I think he'd be more crazy then eat chicken food."

"I can't believe it, I didn't believe you people and now I'm dying pure awesomeness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"AREN'T HIS EARS BEAUTIFUL?"

"AND, THOR'S OVERALL FACE IS VERY BEAUTIFUL, BUT FOR SOME REASON, HIS EARS ARE PERFECT. IT CREEPS ME OUT HOW PERFECT THEY ARE."

"I'M SURE IF I WAS PAYING ATTENTION TO HIS EARS, I WOULD KNOW THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL."

"It would be like the TLC show Say Yes to the Dress with Mrs. Bennet helping pick out wedding dresses and Mr. Bennet making snarky comments in the background. Oh, yes, it would be brilliant."

"All right, so I am trying to name a benign griffin prince."

"It's wondermous."

"I wish I had an elephant or a bumper car... or both!"

"Glow in the dark ninjas!"

"And this has everything to do with the fact I was working french fries."

"I met a guy named Armando last night. It made my day."

"I vote we eliminate cyber bullying with cyber food fights."

"I can donate some squishy papayas."

"It's funny how we are more worried about the lack of sugar than going to jail."


I think that totally pretty much sums us up.

1 comment: