Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

A week or so ago, two of my friends and I got inspired and decided we would walk around wearing a sign that says 'life' and give our friends lemons.

This was quite an adventure, with some rather interesting results. People kept giving us strange looks, although some were positively delighted. This, apparently, is what happens when three teenage girls representing life hand you lemons.

"Are these... for me? Really? I'm, I'm... honored, guys, really. I'm going to go make some lemonade right now."

"Ummmmm...... ok. *little nervous giggle* You just want to give me... lemons?"
"Yeah, life sent us."
"Okay then...."

*opens door* "What are you doing here?"
"Hi, we're here representing life, and we'd like to give you some lemons."*hands lemons over*
"Ummm...."
"Oh my gosh, are those lemons?" (random little brother walking in)
"Yeah. Here, have them." *hands lemons to brother*
"YES! I love lemons!"
"I didn't know he loved lemons."
"At least someone appreciates us."
"You guys are insane."
The boy ended up slicing up the lemon and eating it raw. He really does love lemons.

"Ummm... hi."
"Hi, we're here to give your brother lemons."
"He's not here right now."
"Oh. Well, can you take these and tell them life gave them to him?" *hands lemons over*
"Ummm... okay..."
"I'll explain it later."
These lemons got stolen by his mother.

"Hi! We're here to give you some lemons."
"Oh! And, look, you're life. That's... that's cute." *takes the lemons* "Now what?"
"Well, what do you do when life hands you lemons?"
*pauses* "Is this a test?"
"No... we just wanted to see what you would do."
One of these lemons ended up making lemon garlic pork chops for Father's Day. I'd say that was a pretty good use.

"Hi, we're from Life, and we'd like to hand you some lemons."
*loud laughter* "You guys are hilarious."
"We try. Here, enjoy your lemons."
"I'm going to do something really good with these lemons."
The first lemon attempted to make lemon bars, but due to a ingredient mixup, they were rendered inedible. However, the lemon pasta made with the second lemon was apparently quite lovely. People are getting quite creative with their lemons.

"Hi, guys!"
"Hi, we're representing life, and we'd like to hand you some lemons."
"Oh my gosh. You guys are the best.  This is awesome!" *pauses* "But you know, without water and sugar, it's kind of useless."
"That's not our problem."
"Oh! I have something to show you guys!"
She then showed us an Avengers wallet she made with Iron Man colors. Out of duct tape. When life hands you lemons, complain about lack of other ingredients and collectively fangirl over the Avengers.
The lemons were used to make a corn/bean dip thingy.

We then had two lemons left. We went back to our base and made some lemonade. All in all, I'd say it was a successful mission.

2 comments: