Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Baby (in that I love it and I helped to build it) Harp

I spent my federally-mandated-school-holiday being productive (thank you for that, and so much more, MLKJr!) and we assembled my harp. All that's really left at this point is stringing and tuning it. Unless I'm forgetting another step.

Anyway, here are some pictures from that day.


This is all the unassembled pieces. 

Me squishing into a small place to help square pieces before we drill the pilot holes. 

More squaring. Plus, my hair from the back. It doesn't look half bad for something just thrown up that morning.

Applying epoxy to seal and hold all the pieces together. 

I made Amber take this picture of me. I don't really know what I was thinking. Look, gloves!

Fitting the soundbox together. 

The back of the soundbox sliding in. 

Screwing the last few holes in. 

Me and my little ginger baby.

1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! I'll start putting the strings on tomorrow morning. You should be able to play it in another week or so.

    ReplyDelete