Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

The End is Near

"Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!"

I have seen this quote floating around my Twitter and Facebook this past week, for mainly two reasons.

1) Everyone's going on a LoTR marathon before the Hobbit comes out on Thursday. (guess who's got midnight premiere tickets??? meeeeeeee :D )
2) Finals are this week. Or last week. One of those weeks, depending on where you go to school.

And nothing gets people more motivated to do something grand than to imagine Aragorn on his horse giving a battle speech. I mean, look at this.



If that doesn't make you feel like you can go and defeat your finals, I don't know what will. 

I sort of feel like at regular intervals during finals this week, people should stand right outside the testing center and give this speech to everyone entering. Of course, that someone would have to not have their own finals to take, so I just don't see that happening. 

This semester is almost over. I have four and a half days left and counting. It has been wonderful and fantastic. I feel like I've grown a lot, not just intellectually, but also as a person. I've made beautiful friends and had great teachers. If I didn't have to take these finals, this semester would be perfect. 

But alas, for some reason people feel that knowledge needs to be tested and measured by tests, because everyone learns things that can be measured by a test. However they wish it. 

I'll write a more comprehensive (and gushing) post about my semester after finals (that is my life. everything has to wait till after finals). I know I haven't posted in a while, and I'm sorry, but you know... finals. You are all wonderful and fantastic and I'll get back to entertaining you soon! Survive your finals, and if you don't have finals, be grateful. I'll leave and get back to seriously considering studying for my finals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment