Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

No, I didn't die last night.

I know you were very glad to read that title. I'm very glad to be able to type that title.

Anyway, the tsunami passed almost invisibly last night. That few inches of water man....

I'm just running with the theory that Canada wants to destroy us, but it's being passive-agressive about it, so it gave us a decidedly minor tsunami. Just to show us it could.

So how was my night? Well, just to point out a few things.

I am the only one in my house to sleep on the ground floor. Which means that I had to move upstairs, and camp up there the whole night. Normally, this would not be such a bad thing. I have no problem with sleeping on a floor. If my carpet were softer, I might actually make a regular habit out of that while lying on the floor doing my homework.

But for some reason, sleeping on the floor last night in my little sisters' room... was an experience.

It's been a while since I've slept with children. I've enjoyed it.
Then last night my baby sister greeting me trying to go to sleep with her waving her flashlight in my face.
Whatever. I can deal with that. I told her that if she didn't stop, I would take away her flashlight.
It turned off, and I feel asleep just fine.
Then, I got to try and sleep on the floor. Which was being particularly hard and flat and not comfortable. My neck didn't like it at all.
Then, dawn comes. How do I know it came, you ask?
Well, first, living in Hawaii, you can't ignore the sun coming up unless you either don't have windows or have curtains that block all light.
Not to mention I opened my eyes and found my baby sister leaning over the edge of the bed, staring at me.
Just staring.
I tried to do a quirky eyebrow thing at her, scare her off staring at me, but due to an unfortunate genetic mix, I'm incapable of raising only one eyebrow at a time. Not for lack of trying.
After our weird little stare-off in the bright light of 6 am, she got out of bed.
Neatly stepping on my face.
Now, I'm not saying it was deliberate. But I've seen bulls run more gracefully through a china shop than my baby sister attempted to not step on my face.
My face notwithstanding, she left the room to rampage downstairs and stuff.
I went back to sleep, attempting to recover my face from being stepped on.

That was my night. Also the only night in recent history I went to bed before 11 pm. That clearly means I can stay up past 1 am this morning. Right? (Wrong, Carina. You still have to function tomorrow.)

That's really it. A tsunami sort of came and my sister stepped on my face and everyone's good. I'm definitely not a zombie telling people I'm okay in an obvious attempt to lure people to the island so all of us who died and turned into zombies can eat your BRAINZZZ.

Not at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment