Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chapters of My Cookbook

Hello! It's been a while. I missed you guys.

Anyway, while I was doing my English 201 homework the other day (which involved reading a book, shockingly enough) I looked down at my bookmark and was relatively surprised at what it was.

It was a doodle(ish) from one Sunday during Relief Society in June. My mother and I had been trying to figure out a Father's Day present for my father, and we got excited and started coming up with chapter titles, which I then wrote down. (which is just another example of why me and scrap pieces of paper don't work well together if you want my full attention).

Anyway, most of them are amusing, and they tell funny stories about my family's eating habits. Bon appetit!

The Aldrich Family Cookbook.

Chapter 1: I Don't Know.
because sometimes you just don't know what's for dinner.

Chapter 2: Shut Up and Eat It (and you'll like it).
Classic Southern traditions.

Chapter 3: But of course You'll Like It! It's Your Favorite!
It was that child's favorite. Up until 3 seconds ago, when they saw they actually had to eat it.

Chapter 4: Anything But _________.
All the recipes will have bacon. Because everyone loves bacon.

Chapter 5: Where's a House-elf When You Need One?
sometimes I hate being a Muggle.

Chapter 6: I Am Not a Short-Order Cook!
except when we are.

Chapter 7: Go Ask Your Father.
alternate answer to chapter 1.

Chapter 8: Rice: The Saga.
no, but seriously. how much rice can one boy fit in his 5 year old body?

Chapter 9: That Would Be Great. Too Bad It's Frozen.
for rejecting suggestions made in chapter 1.

Chapter 10: "Breakfast for Dinner!" "Yayyy!" "Noooooooooo!"
oddly enough, only I and my father scream no.

Chapter 11: "Here. Let Me Help You." ~Dad.
he knows when you're in his kitchen. always. and he can't stop himself if he fears you're creating a culinary disaster.

Chapter 12: Alton Brown and the Dream of a Perfect Kitchen.
curse Good Eats. and unitaskers.

2 comments: