Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

School- After the First Day

Well, if you read my last post, you know that these past two days have been busy and stressful as everyone on campus is trying to get ready for school and get everything to work out and stuff.

And I have to say, we're all doing a fantastic job of it.

College is so much more different than high school.

I mean, duh, we already knew that. But I never actually realized just how much different from high school college was.

I took AP classes in high school, actually taking three of them in my senior year. I thought that was busy and stressful and hard work?

Yeah. I spent my entire day today either doing homework or in class. Or eating, because that's pretty important.

And that's from one day of class. It's such a high maintenance level of work to be prepared for my actual classes.

And I love it so much. From two days of classes.

I don't even have the words to describe how happy I am to be back in school again, and how happy I am that college is different from high school, and how happy I am to be here, at BYU-Hawaii. I have awesome teachers, and I am looking forward to working with my classmates.

I'm a nerd, and I love school. I love learning new things, and I love applying it to what I already know.

Like those little moments when I can explain the genetic modifications I use in my story because of my AP Biology class.

When I'm world-building, and I have to come up with governments and countries... AP Government and We the People.

The fact that I'm writing at the level I am. Lots of practice writing not only stories, but also all those analytical essays for AP Literature and AP Lang. As much as I hated those essays, I learned not only what was important in stories and literature, but also ways to put it in.

And just pretty much everything else. I am so super excited. I feel like a sponge, and I just want to drink all this in.

And on a completely unrelated note, today I discovered one of my little brother's Lego ninjas has Bieber Fever. Because college can't be all work.


Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment