Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

If I'm debating whether or not to put on pants, it's probably safe to say I need them.

It's time to update you guys with my life.

Which means it's been a while since I've posted on here, and I feel bad.

Life has been good.

It always surprises me a bit when life is good.

I've been on top of my homework for the past few weeks, minus a few papers I ended up finishing a few hours before it was due, but that's part of the college, experience, yes?

That surprises me as well.

I finished my harp a month or so ago. I never bothered to make a proper post about the very end, where I brought it to my house and started learning how to play it. It's been super fun.

Maybe one day I'll make a video of me playing it and post it here for all you guys to see. That would be nice. Once I get confident enough in myself that I don't care you all will see all the things I'm doing wrong.

Because confidence in performance isn't necessarily knowing I've got everything right, it's not caring that you might see me have everything wrong.

I've started a love affair with British music- not just One Direction, but others as well. Not a lot, but enough that I'm happy.

I've reconnected with some friends I hadn't talked to in a while.

I got contacts. This actually did happen a while ago, but again, I never felt like that deserved a post in and of itself.

I started writing a poem. It's in three pieces on my dresser, neither completed nor put together.

I have a friend's birthday present in my dresser drawer, as I keep forgetting to mail it out to her. I will, but I need to remember.

My mother and little sister got haircuts this morning, and they look FABULOUS.

I am content. A sort of placid happiness that is more open and willing than I was before, but also recognizes the good and joyful in what I have now.

I've been doing a lot of thinking. About lots of things. Feminism, poetry, body image, religion, politics, stories, art, people, society, love, hatred, persuasion, justice, fairness, media bias, why, pants, music, technology, money, the future, the past, the present, writing, drawing, entitlements, Shakespeare, Europe, America, beauty, jealousy, and that feeling you get when you're doing what you know you're supposed to be doing. Whatever that is.

I have a story. We all have a story. We, all of us, are characters shaped by our choices and decisions and things that happened in the past, but what we perceive to be our future influences our choices in the present, which help to shape our future.

But, despite the fact that I, individually, have a story, my story is not just my story. It's never just my story. I am my mother's story. My sisters' story. My father's and brothers' story. I am my best friend's story. I am my future husband's story. I am my future children's story.

Our stories are all interconnected in a web of relationships and networks.

I am an individual.

But I am not just me. What I do shapes not only my story, but others' as well. We all influence each other.

I am not my own person.

This post has nothing to do with pants. But I'm sure you already realize that.

I'll talk to you guys again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment